Your initial appointment will consist of a full mouth x-ray series (unless you have one that is less than 5 years old), dental cleaning, and comprehensive examination including full mouth data collection. This appointment takes approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes. At this appointment you will be given a diagnosis and treatment plan.
Occasionally, a treatment planning consultation will be needed to be scheduled after the first visit so that the doctor can review and prepare more complex treatment.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Any X-rays if applicable. Full mouth series or Panorex within the last 5 years or Bitewings within the last year. These must be of diagnostic quality from your previous dentist. Please contact your previous dental office to arrange the pick-up of these xrays or they can e-mail the xrays directly to our office.
A list of all current medications as well as name and telephone numbers of current medical doctors. We will then be able to obtain clearance for dental care from your MD and obtain the most current INR readings (if taking blood thinners) .
- Your Dental Insurance card and/or name of your insurance carrier with all contact information including telephone number.
- Completed Health Questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: A parent or guardian must accompany all patients under 18 at the consultation visit.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are on any medication (i.e., heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.) or require medication prior to dental cleanings (i.e., antibiotics, for pre-med.).
If you have any questions or to schedule an appointment with our doctors:
- Call us at Dental Associates of Hershey Phone Number 717-534-2985.
- Fill out our Appointment Form.